Record Collection Draft Thread Jul 6, 2021 0:15:14 GMT -5
Post by Matte on Jul 6, 2021 0:15:14 GMT -5
- Picks are limited to albums that were given official vinyl releases, but this really shouldn't be very restricting. I feel like most albums we would think to draft have been pressed on vinyl at least once. Some examples of albums that would be ineligible due to this rule: Tool's 10,000 Days and Frank Ocean's Channel Orange. If you're unsure of whether something was released on vinyl or not, reference Discogs.com or message me and I'll verify.
- We're using Wikipedia as reference for album genres. If you're unsure if an album is categorized as the genre you're wanting to draft it as, check its Wiki to confirm before posting.
- An album is not locked into the genre that you pick it as. For example, if you pick The Beatles' Please Please Me as a rock album and later decide on a different album to pick as your rock album, you can recategorize Please Please Me as your pop album, since Wikipedia lists the album's genres as both rock and pop.
- When picking your 7" records, be sure to include both the A side and the B side.
- Box sets can be anything from a full discography, to a deluxe version of an album, to just a standard album in a box. Basically, as long as it's contained in a box rather than a standard pocket or gatefold sleeve, it's eligible. Also, like the first rule, these have to have been officially released.
- Drafting a box set does not remove the individual albums in that set from the pool, and drafting an individual album that has been included in a box set does not remove that box set from the pool. Same logic applies to singles.
- Standard Rock / Hard Rock / Rock 'n' Roll
- Progressive Rock
- Psychedelia / Psychedelic Rock
- Alternative / Grunge
- Punk Rock / Pop Punk
- Metal / Heavy Metal
- Rap / Hip Hop
- R&B / Soul
- Blues / Blues Rock
- Jazz / Swing
- Reggae / Ska
- Electronic (Disco, Dubstep, Techno, etc.)
- Comedy (Stand-up, Parody, etc.)
- Soundtrack / Score / Musical / Play
- Foreign Language
- three wildcards
- two 7" singles
- one box set