I have a friend who makes scented candles, and I was going to get one for each basket...BUT...one is going to my single, presumably straight 20-something male cousin. I don't want to short him on gifts, and I can choose a 'manly' scent maybe, but would it be pointless?
The only candles I have ever burned have been on birthday cakes.
I was supposed to go to Thai's show at the Roxy a couple of years ago, but something came up at the last minute. I was in Solly's backyard(yoink) this past Thursday for a LegoLand/Stone Brewery visit, but he didn't meet up. Which was probably best because my girlfriend and I were exhausted with wrangling two 8 year olds at LegoLand all day long.
Talked with Punker and some random Los Angeles based OO'er about hitting NWA and/or Lucha Va-Voom.
So has you know, or should know, last week was my first week at my new job. I had initially planned to take the 18th off (hell my old boss didn't want to see me at the office on the 18th anyways), but I found it hard to start a new job and ask for a day off to go get drunk... I figured that I got out in Montreal for a pint or two max, and just come back to work the following morning and not make a case out of it. It just happens that now we have a meeting for one of my project Friday morning at 7h30 on site. So we leave Thursday at noon to head out to Quebec city (the site is an hour form it) and in the car I talk with my boss about the project and other stuff (it's a 2h30 drive) to get to know each other. And he asks - So Gallagher, that's Irish right? I said it was - Good have fun tonight and as long as your present tomorrow at the meeting, that will be fine!
So I was good to go knowing that I needed to get up at 5AM I figured I could drink until 8PM and be fine.
Went out to THE pub in Quebec for St-Patty's and had loads of fun. Flirted with the receptionist from my old job, who I didn't recognized at first (because of the hat she wore). Drank some Guinness and Jameson shots, and Irish Car Bombs and Perriers from eight till 11 when I got home. Got up the next day at 5AM, made the meeting and my boss told me "I was serious when I said you could have went out" So all went superbly!
We have a machine like that at the office. it's pretty good for 1 cup. I would still recommend an espresso machine instead, better coffee but a little more complex to operate. So now that your sober Creepy, go for the espresso machine.
18. Albert Einstein once said,”The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.” Propose your own original theory to explain one of the 16 mysteries below. Your theory does not need to be testable or even probable; however, it should provide some laws, principles, and/or causes to explain the facts, phenomena, or existence of one of these mysteries. You can make your theory artistic, scientific, conspiracy-driven, quantum, fanciful, or otherwise ingenious — but be sure it is your own and gives us an impression of how you think about the world.
* Love * Non-dairy creamer * Sleep and dreams * Gray * Crop circles * The platypus * The beginning of everything * Art * Time travel * Language * The end of everything * The Roanoke Colony * Numbers * Mona Lisa’s smile * The college rankings in U.S. News and World Report * Consciousness
I shall tackle 2 at once. I theorize (fancifully and otherwise ingeniously, of course) that everything begins with "e" and ends with "g".
2) We wound up staying a few blocks off the strip and when we decided to not buy 8 dollar longnecks, we had $1.75 pints at some third rate casino (Ellis Island). Had more fun there than anywhere (Except for the above mentioned Roulette we played at the second rate Irish casinos) and we had a JOEY FATONE SIGHTING!
3) Saw some random asian guy* messing with his wallet at the Bellagio. He turned around and it was Johnny Chan. When he realized that we realized who he was, he disappeared through the slots.
4) *Brings me to my 4th point: I've never seen so many asian people in my life. It's like I took a 3 hour plane ride to Hong Kong.